Friday, January 25, 2013

Phrasal Verbs




1. 'to look up to'
We have always looked up to John – Siempre hemos admirado a John

2. 'to look down on'
My father-in-law has always looked down on me – Mi suegro siempre me ha mirado con desprecio

3. 'to look for'
We have looked for our cat everywhere – Hemos buscado nuestro gato en todas partes

4. 'to look around'
We have one day in this town to look around – Tenemos un día en este pueblo para echar un vistazo

5. 'to look into'
The police are looking into the case – La policía está investigando el caso

6. 'to look up'
You should look up this word in the dictionary – Deberías buscar esta palabra en el diccionario

7. 'to look after' (to take care of)
Could you look after my cat while I’m on vacation? – ¿Podrías cuidar mi gato mientras estoy de vacaciones?

8. 'to look forward to'
I look forward to your visit next week – Espero con ilusión tu visita la semana que viene