Friday, September 22, 2017

Worst Nightmares and A Dream Come True



My Worst Nightmare

What are you the most afraid of? Are you afraid of monsters? Do ghosts scare you? Are you frightened by sharks and bears? What if a shark married a bear and they had children? Would you be afraid of their baby? I would be very afraid of a baby that was half shark and half bear. But my worst nightmare isn’t about monsters or bad animals.

My worst nightmare is always about one thing. I have the same bad dream night after night. I wake up every morning in a panic. Let me tell you about my nightmare.

I am walking in a dark house. There are no lights. I am alone in the dark house. I can hear scary sounds that come from empty rooms. Who is making the noises? Is there a monster in the house? Are there zombies walking around who will eat my brains? Maybe there is a vampire who wants to drink my blood walking around in my living room or a crazy serial killer with a big knife taking a shower in my bathroom?

In my dream I walk into my kitchen in the early morning. It is dark outside. Everyone is asleep…or is there someone else awake in my house? I’m not afraid of monsters or zombies or vampires but I am very afraid of one thing. What am I afraid of? I look in my cabinets. I look everywhere in my kitchen. After a few minutes I understand the horrible, terrible, and frightening truth. I don’t have any coffee. I ran out of coffee and forgot to buy more. I don’t have enough coffee for even a half a cup. When I have this nightmare I wake up screaming.

This is why I always have 5,000 kilos of coffee in my kitchen. My kitchen is almost completely full of big bags of coffee. There is no room to cook, there is no room for food, and there is no room to do anything in my kitchen except to make coffee. I don’t care because I sleep better when I have 5,000 kilos of coffee in my kitchen. I don’t have nightmares.

I don't want to talk about this anymore because just thinking about running out of coffee scares me.

What is your worst nightmare? 

While you think about that I'm going to go to the supermarket and buy more coffee.


A Dream Come True
(sueño hecho realidad)

I don’t believe in genies with magic lamps or fairy tales but sometimes I like to think about having one wish. I never think about having three wishes because that would be stupid. Only a greedy person would think about having three wishes. Who would wish for three wishes? Answer: A stupid, greedy person.  

If I could have only one wish I would ask for the dog in my building to stop barking. The dog lives in the apartment below my apartment. He barks all day long. He barks seven days a week, week after week, month after month. I wish he would shut up. I want him to shut his mouth and never bark again for the rest of his life.If that dog stopped barking that would be a dream come true for me.

“I never had a dream come true until the day that I met you.”
“Nunca se me había hecho realidad un sueño hasta que te conocí."