Get In - subir en un coche o taxi
I got in my car and drove to work.
We got in the taxi and went to the station.
Other meanings of Get In:
- Arrive (train, plane, etc.)
The plane gets in at 18:00.
- Be admitted to a university, club, etc = entrar en
He got into the best university in Burjassot.
Get Out Of - bajar de un coche, furgoneta, taxi, etc.
He got out of his car and walked to the park.
Other meaning of Get Out Of:
- Avoid doing something you dislike. I hope I can get out of the dinner tomorrow evening.
We GOT ON the train in at Valencia and got off in Madrid.
Get Off Of - Bajar de un tren, etc.
I get on the bus in front of my apartment and I get off in the center.
Subo el autobús delante de mi piso y bajo en el centro.
To Look at – mirar
- I looked at my watch.
- We looked at all the paintings in the museum.
To Look For – buscar
- I can’t find my car keys. Will you help me look for them?
- We looked for you at the game but we didn’t see you.
To Look After – cuidar
- He looks after his mother.
- I have to look after my nephew tonight.
- I need to look that word up in the dictionary; I have never heard it before.
- I will look up your number when I get to Valencia.
To Look Around – echar un vistazo
- I want to look around the neighborhood before I move here.
- Take a look around. Do you see anyone that you know?
Look up to - admirar
- I really look up to my father.
- Boys always look up to professional football players.