Thursday, December 9, 2021

What Do You Do in Your Free Time?

 Free Time Activities

 What do you do in your free time? What do you do in your spare time?

The best answer to this question is, “I study English.”

 

I chat with my friends online.

What is your favorite computer game?

How many text messages do you send every day?

 

During almuerzo at school, do you:

    A)  Hang out with your friends. 

    B)  Study English by yourself.

(The correct answer is B)

 

I like to hang out with my friends.

I hung out with my friends on Sunday.

We always go to a café in my neighborhood.

There are a lot of dogs at the café. Dogs like to hang out with other dogs.

 

Do you listen to music on your phone or on your tablet?

I like to listen to music on YouTube because I can watch as they play an instrument.

 If you go to Turia Park in the evening, you will see lots of people going for a run or walking. There are gyms in the park where people can do exercises. There are also lots of places for dogs where they can run around without a leash (correa), these are called “off-leash parks.” Dogs really love off-leash parks because they can run as fast as they want. Dogs are faster than people.

  Do you like to go shopping? Where is your favorite store to go shopping?

I like to shop for food, but I don’t like shopping for clothes. I like shopping at Consum and at the Ruzafa Market.

 

Skills

What can you do?

Can you bake a cake?

Do you know how to play a musical instrument?

Do you like to sing?

Can you draw? What can you draw?

How many languages do you speak?

Do you like to tell jokes? Tell me a joke.

 Joke #1 

Have you been to the new restaurant called Karma?

There’s no menu: You get what you deserve.

(¿Has estado en el nuevo restaurante llamado Karma?

No hay menú: obtienes lo que te mereces.)

Joke #2 -

A bear walks into a bar and says, “Give me a whiskey and … cola.”

“Why the big pause?” asks the bartender.

The bear looks at his paws and says, “I was born with them.”

 (Un oso entra en un bar y dice: "Dame un whisky y ... cola".

"¿Por qué la gran pausa?" pregunta el cantinero.

El oso mira sus patas y dice: "Nací con ellas".)

In English, paws (patas) sounds like pause (pausa). 

Joke #3 - Did you hear about the two people who stole a calendar?
They each got six months. 

(¿Escuchaste sobre las dos personas que robaron un calendario?
Cada uno recibió seis meses.)

  • I watch TV
  • I listen to music
  • I paint
  • I draw
  • I dance
  • I fly a kite
  • I take photos
  • I spend time with my family
  • I take a nap
  • I write stories
  • I read a book
  • I read the newspaper
  • I read magazines
  • I read comics
  • I read news online
  • I watch videos online
  • I surf the internet
  • I check my social media accounts
  • I send messages to my friends
  • I chat with my friends
  • I play cards
  • I play board games like monopoly and chess
 
 Natural Disasters

Flood – inundaciόn

Tornado

Hurricane

Tsunami

Earthquake - terremoto

Volcano

Drought – sequía

Famine – hambruna

Avalanche

Landslide – derrumbe

Wildfire – incendio, incendio forestal

What is your favorite natural disaster?

My favorite natural disaster is a tsunami. There are no tsunamis in the Mediterranean Sea.

Are there natural disasters in Valencia?

Does Valencia have hurricanes?

What is the most boring natural disaster? 

I think that drought is the most boring natural disaster. 

If you forget to bring your sandwich to school for almuerzo, is that a famine?