Thursday, September 1, 2022

The Summer of 2022

 

 This summer is very hot. It is the hottest summer on record for Valencia. Do you like the heat? Do you prefer cold weather or hot weather? Do you like summer or winter?

 I like summer. It is the best season of the year and I like it much more than winter. My house can be very cold in the winter. In the summer, it isn’t too hot in Valencia unless you are in the sun. If you are in the shade, it is cooler. I don’t have air conditioning in my house, but I have two fans to keep me cool.

Fan

How is the weather in other parts of Spain? Was it hot in Burgos? In the north of Spain, it isn't too hot. It is much cooler in Asturias than in Valencia. It didn't rain very much this summer. It rained last week a couple of times in the evening. There was lightning and thunder. Are you afraid of storms? I am afraid of tornadoes, but there are no tornadoes in Valencia. We are lucky.

When it’s hot outside, it’s important to drink a lot of water. Why should you drink a lot of water when it is hot? You should drink a lot of water when it’s hot outside so that you don’t dehydrate. It is very dangerous to be dehydrated.

                                                      Vocabulary

Heat – Calor

Hot – Caliente

Fan – Ventilador

Shade - Sombra

Weather - Clima, Tiempo

Lightning - Rayo, Relámpago

To Dehydrate - Deshidratar