Thursday, August 25, 2022

Verbs: Present and Past

Are you hungry? - Were you hungry yesterday before dinner?

She is fourteen years old.  – She was thirteen.

I am old. - He was young when he studied in Paris.

Are you thirsty? -  I was thirsty after my bike ride.

We are happy.  – We were tired after the football match.

I have two bikes.  – I had a dog when I was little.

You have a sister. – You had pizza for dinner yesterday.

What did you have for lunch today? I had a hamburger.

I wake up at seven o’clock. – I woke up early yesterday.

We run a lot at football practice. – We ran to school.

I see the beach from my window. – I saw the new Batman movie last week.

I eat lunch at two o’clock. – I ate a hamburger yesterday.

John drinks coffee in the morning. – He drank two cups of coffee today.

I buy food at the supermarket. – I bought a piano five years ago.

She sells flowers in the Central Market. – He sold his bicycle.

The birds fly south for the winter. – I flew to Paris last week.

She swims in the pool. – He swam from the boat to the beach.

John rides his bike everywhere. – She rode a motorcycle to school.

I understand French. –  She understood the question.

You hear the waves from your apartment. – He heard the doorbell ring.

She goes to football practice on Mondays. – They went to Italy on vacation.

I send a lot of text messages. – She sent 100 messages yesterday.

I receive messages from my friends. – He received the phone call when he was at work.

Thieves steal things from houses. – She stole my iPhone!

He steals food for his family. – He stole a loaf of bread and went to prison.

Jane takes a lot of pictures on her phone. –  She took her dog to the park.

I read every day. – He read (red) a book yesterday.

Class begins at nine thirty in the morning. – He began to cry.

She brings her tablet to school. – I brought my computer to the café.

He loses his keys once a week. – Valencia lost the match.

I lose control when people drive too fast. – She lost the money I gave her.

My cousins come to my house on Sundays. - She came to the party at seven o'clock.

She listens to music on her phone. - The girl listened to the rain on the roof.

Did you see all of the Harry Potter movies? 

I buy bread in the little bakery near my house. - I bought two loaves of bread yesterday..

Do you go to the beach often? - I went to the beach last week.

Can you write in Valenciano? - She wrote a letter to her best friend.

 My friend likes to run. - He ran in the half marathon in Valencia last month.

25,000 people run in the Valencia Marathon in December. - She ran to school today  because she woke up late.

Edward swims at the pool on Fridays. - I swam in the sea last week.