Friday, January 24, 2014

Infinitives and Gerunds


One

Two
Three


Remember
I must remember to post this letter tomorrow. (recordar hacer una cosa en el futuro)
I remember playing with my school friends in the street. (recordar una situación pasada)
Forget
I forgot to take my sunglasses. (olvidarse de hacer una cosa)
I’ll never forget studying in Dublin.(olvidarse de una situación pasada)
Stop
I stopped smoking two years ago. (parar de fumar)
I stopped to smoke a cigarette. (parar de hacer algo para fumar)
Regret
I regret to tell you that your application has not been accepted. (lamentar una cosa que viene a continuación)
I regret not going to the party yesterday. (lamentar una situación pasada)
Try
He tried to call her, but her phone was out of reach. (intentar hacer una cosa) 
He tried calling her...
Why don’t you try calling her parents’ house? (probar una opción entre otras)
Want
     I want to go to the cinema. We want to study. They want to have lunch at 3 o'clock.
Like
I like to swim. I like swimming. We like to cook. We like cooking.