Saturday, February 7, 2015

Are You Addicted to Your Phone?

Do you use your phone too much? Do you spend too much time looking at Twitter, Whatsapp, Email, and talking on your phone? How much time do you spend every day looking at your phone? When you walk down the street do you always have your phone in your hand? Do you look at your phone when you are with your friends? A radio program asks if we can be more creative if we spend less time on our phones.



5 Reasons You Want to be Bored (and Brilliant)

Would you be more creative if you didn't spend so much time with technology? 


Does an addiction to technology make us less creative?


Do we need more time to think?




The radio programs has 5 Challenges (desafíos) for listeners.



Bored and Brilliant Challenge 1: In Your Pocket



Your instructions: When you are in the street keep your phone in your pocket or in your bag.



How many devices do you have? What is your favorite device? What app do you use the most?
Devices / Gadgets



Computers: (desktop, laptop, netbook)
MP3 Player
Phones:
Landline - fijo
Cell phone or Mobile phone):  iPhone, Smartphone (I have a Stupidphone), Blackberry
iPod, iPad
Tablet
eBook
Camera



Addicted to Phones?



1.   How much time do you spend on your phone every day?



I spend one hour a day on my phone. I spend two hours every day on my phone.



2.   How many messages do you send every day?



I send one message a day. I send a lot of messages every day.



3.   Do you think you spend too much time on your phone?



No, I don’t think that I spend too much time on my phone.



4.   Does your mother think that you spend too much time on your phone?



No, my mother doesn’t think that I spend too much time on my phone.



Yes, she thinks that I spend too much time on my phone.



5.   When you walk down the street do you always have your phone in your hand? 



No, when I walk down the street I don’t always have my phone in my hand.



No, when I walk down the street I have my phone in my pocket, or in my purse, or in my pack.



6.   Do you look at your phone when you are with your friends?
No, I never look at my phone when I’m with my friends.



7.  Are you addicted to your phone?



No, I am not addicted to my phone.



8.  Could you live for a week without your phone?

9. Which is more dangerous: taking away a teenager's phone or taking the food out of the mouth of a crocodile?




Adicto a los Móviles



1.  ¿Cuánto tiempo pasas con el teléfono todos los días?


Me paso una hora al día con mi teléfono. Me paso dos horas cada día con mi teléfono.



2. ¿Cuántos mensajes envías cada día?



Envío un mensaje al día. Envío un montón de mensajes cada día.



3. ¿Crees que pasas demasiado tiempo con el teléfono?



No, no creo que pase mucho tiempo con mi teléfono.



4. ¿Piensa tu madre que pasas demasiado tiempo con el teléfono?



No, mi madre no cree que yo paso mucho tiempo en mi teléfono.


Sí, ella piensa que yo paso mucho tiempo en mi teléfono.



5. Cuando caminas por la calle siempre tienes el teléfono en la mano?



No, cuando camino por la calle no siempre tengo mi teléfono en mi mano.


No, cuando camino por la calle tengo mi teléfono en el bolsillo o en el bolso o en la mochila.



6. ¿Miras tu teléfono cuando estás con tus amigos?


No, nunca miro mi teléfono cuando estoy con mis amigos.



7. ¿Eres adicto a tu teléfono?



No, no soy adicta a mi teléfono.






8. ¿Podrías vivir durante una semana sin su teléfono?

9. ¿Qual es más peligroso: quitar el teléfono de un adolescente o tomar la comida de la boca de un cocodrilo?