Tuesday, May 19, 2015

I love Valencia



I live in Valencia, Spain.     Vivo en Valencia.
I was born in Valencia.       Nací en Valencia.
I am from Valencia.            Soy de Valencia.

Where are you from?
Where do you live?
Where were you born?

Valencia is the third biggest city in Spain after Madrid and Barcelona. The city is on the coast of the Mediterranean Sea. Valencia is far from Madrid but you can travel by train and it only takes 90 minutes. The train is very fast and it can go 300 kilometers per hour. The train is faster than a car. Are trains faster than planes? 

There are lots of good beaches in and around Valencia. Lots of tourists come here in the summer to go to the beach. You can swim in the sea or play on the beach. There are lots of restaurants along the beach where you can have lunch.

If you are a visitor to Valencia you should have a paella at the beach. What is paella? Paella is the most famous dish in Spain. The ingredients for paella are rice, chicken, rabbit, green beans, butter beans (we call them garrofó), tomato, saffron, and salt. What is your favorite food? What is the best dish in Spain? Is paella better than pizza?


There are many orange trees near Valencia and we are famous for oranges. I drink orange juice every day. Are there orange trees where you live?

I live in Valencia with my family: my mother and father and my brother. My brother is 8 years old and I am 10. I am two years older than my brother. My brother is two years younger than I. Do you have brothers and sisters? How old are they? Are you the oldest or the youngest in your family?

I go to school from Monday to Friday. I go to school five days a week.
Monday - Tuesday - Wednesday - Thursday - Friday 

On the weekends—Saturday and Sunday—I don’t have school. On weekends I play with my friends, I go to the pool, and I ride my bike. What do you do on weekends?

I like to listen to music. I like to read. (I like reading) I don’t like doing my homework.I like cooking. (I like to cook)

What do you like to do?What things do you like to do?
Do you like to cook?
Can you cook?
Are you a good cook?

I can speak Spanish, French, English, and Valenciano. I can’t speak Chinese. I can play the flute.

What languages can you speak?
Can you speak French?
Can you swim?
Can you speak Chinese?
Can you play the guitar?


Meals in Spain



In Spain we eat at different times than people do in other countries. In the morning we have breakfast at around 08:00. For breakfast we just have milk, coffee, bread with tomato and olive oil, and cookies.

Next we have almuerzo which is a mid-morning snack. We have this meal between 10:00 and 11:00. Usually we eat a sandwich. 

Then there is lunch. We have lunch at 02:00 in the afternoon. Most countries have lunch earlier, at 12:00 or 01:00. This is our big meal of the day. We always have paella at lunch, never in the evening.

Late at night, at around 09:30 or 10:00 we have dinner. This is usually a lighter meal than lunch.We like to eat and cook all over Spain.